This was where we stayed. It once the fashionable resort for Austro-Hungarian Empire until the First WW. It was once just a fishing village but the arrival Iginio Scapaturned the town around when he built Villa Angiolina. (The second from top on the left).
There are now many grand residences painted in pastel colours.
One of the earliest settlements on Banks of Adriatic – original name Lauriana from the fragrance of the laurels. In 12 th century important trading and shipping centre. Under Austrian rule until 1918.
Romanesque St. George’s Church has old frescos – unfortunately not open
Taken from down the narrow streets looking back to the sea